Ephrata Cloister

Ephrata Cloister

U.S. National Register of Historic Places

U.S. National Historic Landmark


Photograph of Ephrata Cloister buildings in December 2006

Location:

Ephrata, Pennsylvania

Area:

28 acres

Built/Founded:

1732

Architect:

Unknown

Architectural style(s):

No Style Listed

Governing body:

Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission

Added to NRHP:

December 24, 1967

Designated NHL:

December 24, 1967[1]

NRHP·Reference#:

67000026[2]

The Ephrata Cloister or Ephrata Community was a religious community, established in 1732 by Johann Conrad Beissel at Ephrata, in what is now Lancaster County, Pennsylvania. The grounds of the community are now owned by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and are administered by the Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission.

From: Wikipedia



Logos Almanac of the Christian World

Welcome, Guest! (sign in)