Gutnius Lutheran Church

The Gutnius Lutheran Church, formerly the Wabag Lutheran Church, is a Lutheran body existing in Papua New Guinea. It was established by the Lutheran Church – Missouri Synod in 1948 shortly after the Australian administration of the Territory of Papua and New Guinea permitted missionary activity to spread into the western highlands. The church counts 138,000 parishioners, largely confined to Enga Province in the western highlands. It operates the Immanuel Lutheran Hospital and the St. Paul’s Lutheran Secondary School (Pausa) at Wapenamanda, Enga Province. The Church has other Health and Educational institutions as well.

From: Wikipedia



Logos Almanac of the Christian World

Welcome, Guest! (sign in)