Harmony Society

The Harmony Society was a Christian theosophy and pietist society founded in Iptingen, Germany, in 1785. Due to religious persecution by the Lutheran Church and the government in Württemberg,[1] the Harmony Society moved to the United States on October 7, 1803, initially purchasing 3,000·acres (12·km²) of land in Butler County, Pennsylvania. On February 15, 1805, they, together with about 400 followers, formally organized the Harmony Society, placing all their goods in common.

From: Wikipedia



Logos Almanac of the Christian World

Welcome, Guest! (sign in)